In 2017 our team started with the ambitious ReMedy project „Regenerative Mechanisms for Health” carried on within the International Research Agendas program of the Foundation for Polish Science.
In 2020 we became a cornerstone for the newly constituted institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences, created in partnership with University Medical Center Göttingen, Germany. The final and important step was a strategic agreement between PAS and the University of Warsaw concerning the joint project of setting up…
The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines (IMol).
IMol has been established to conduct scientific research and provide training in the fields of biological, chemical, medical, biotechnological, bioinformatics, biophysical, pharmacological, and similar sciences, in the international environment conducive to collaborative efforts, research and development interactions with biotechnological industry, and wide dissemination of our results. We aim at the development of solutions that will help everyone on this planet live a safer life.
At the moment, IMol is seeking a candidate for the following post:
- Position in the project: Postdoctoral Researcher
- Scientific discipline: Molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics.
- Job type (employment contract/stipend): Full-time position, fixed-term contract
- Number of job offers: 1
- Remuneration/stipend amount/month: 8 900 – 12 500 PLN gross, depending on experience
- Position starts on: 15th of July 2022 or later upon mutual agreement
- Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement: 30th Apr 2023, with the possibility of extension
- Institution: „ReMedy” International Research Agenda Unit, IMol PAS
- Project leader: Agnieszka Chacińska and Magda Konarska, Directors of ReMedy
- Project title: “Regenerative Mechanisms for Health”
- Subproject: „Structure-function analysis of the spliceosome”, Laboratory of RNA Biology, Head: Prof. Magda Konarska
- Project description: We are interested in the function of the spliceosome, its dynamic changes during splicing, and possible in response to stress conditions. The spliceosomal catalytic center undergoes dynamic changes during the catalytic phase of splicing; these changes affect splicing catalysis, altering splicing fidelity and thus affecting alternative splicing patterns. Using recent cryo-EM information of yeast S. cerevisiae spliceosome as a model, we focus on substrate-spliceosome interactions at the catalytic center. These studies will lead to new approaches for modulating alternative splicing patterns. For more information, please contact Prof. Magda Konarska: email@example.com
Key responsibilities include:
- We are looking for a highly motivated person to:
- Perform experiments using biochemical, molecular biology or genetic techniques (independently and in collaboration with other team members),
- Participate in experimental design and data analysis,
- Participate in the data preparation and writing of manuscripts,
- Actively participate in lab meetings, scientific seminars and conferences.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- PhD degree in molecular biology, biophysics, biochemistry or related fields of life sciences (or perspective of obtaining one),
- Maximum 5 years since PhD,
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with laboratory techniques in at least one of the following disciplines: molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, transcriptomic
- Very good command of English,
- Motivation and passion for experimental work.
Required documents (in English):
- Motivation letter,
- CV with the list of publications,
- Contact details of three scientific supervisors or another referee/s (including the direct PhD supervisor).
- Work in a young, active team in an excellent scientific environment,
- Comprehensive training in genetics, biochemistry and molecular biology,
- Access to the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Participation in courses and conferences.
Please apply by filling in the following form: https://forms.gle/T4ydz7fpd1jx6Cwc8
We will contact selected candidates only.
Application deadline: 3rd of July 2022
Project is carried out within the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
For more details about the position please visit: https://imol.institute/
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the IMol informs that: the administrator of your personal data is The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines Polish Academy of Sciences, with its registered office ul. Smetany 2, 00-783 Warszawa, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process, selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the IMol. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data; Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment); The remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data; The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law; The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data; You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data. Your application will be archived and stored for auditing purposes. The name of the selected candidate/s will be made public on the IMol website in accordance with the requirements of the funding agency.